RTM Friction Tester enables to evaluate friction characteristics of tire tread compound in Dry, Wet and Ice conditions. Friction coefficient over slip ratio (μ-S curve) can be plotted in a single test by sweeping the slip ratio.
RTM Friction Tester enables to evaluate friction characteristics of tire tread compound on material testing basis, and can be tested in Dry, Wet, Ice conditions on ring shaped road surface. Test is performed by pressing specimen on constantly rotating ring shaped wheel at free rolling condition, or with slip ratio applied in 0 to +/- 95% range and measuring the friction force. Also, max. 30deg. slip angle can be applied on the specimen against it’s tangential line.
- Traction (Acceleration, Braking）Measurement
- Rolling Resistance Measurement
- Cornering Force Measurement
- Friction test at Dry, Wet, Ice conditions can be performed with one equipment.
- Traction (Acceleration, Braking) test changing slip ratio during 1 test can be performed.
- Friction force(Rolling Resistance) Measurement at free rolling condition can be performed.
- Max. 30deg. slip angle can be applied between sample and test road. （Automatic setting）
- Specimen taken from actual tire tread can be glued on the sample for testing.
- Chamber and water temperature can be controlled individually.
- Ice road surface can be made in the test chamber.
- Road condition (Dry, Wet, Ice)
- Slip ratio (road based)
- Temperature chamber, water temperature
- Test condition setup and test start command
- Making a µ-S curve by data acquisition
- Making a Torque-Time curve by a free-rolling test
- Making a Fy-Time curve by a free-rolling test
- Making a µ-Time curve in a constant slip ratio test
|Name||RTM Friction Tester|
|Sample||Columnar shape Dia.80mm, W16mm
Sheet shape W10mm x L300mm x T2mm（to glue actual tread on to test sample）
|Road||Thickness: 30mm, Width: 50mm, dia. of the road center: 700mm (outer dia.: 750mm)|
|Road surface||Safety walk, Ice|
|Road speed||4 – 400r/min (Approx. 0.5 – 50km/h)|
|Sample speed||35 – 3500r/min (Approx. 0.5 – 50km/h)|
|Torque detection||30Nm capacity torque meter(Dry/Wet), 3Nm(Ice), measurement error:±1%FS
Torque meter to be replaced depending on test condition
|Slip angle||±30deg. against road surface tangential line (automatic setting)|
|Slip ratio||0〜±95% automatic setting (25km/h max. for negative slip ratio)|
|Load detection||Load cell capacity 200N, measurement accuracy: ±1%FS|
|Lateral force detection||100N capacity load cell (Dry/Wet), 50N(Ice), Accuracy±1%FS
Load cell to be replaced depending on test condition
|Loading part||Feedback control with air servo with the load range of 20 – 150N±1%FS|
|Test chamber temp.||−10℃〜60℃±2℃|
|Road temp.||No temperature control (Surface temperature is monitored.)|
|Water temp.||5℃〜40℃（around the valve）for Wet|
|Surface temp.||Measured with non-contact surface temperature sensor|
|Refrigeration||with defrosting device（Temperature changes when defrosting）|
|Compressed air||0.5MPa – 0.8MPa dry clean air, to be connected with φ8 one-touch connector|
|Power supply||3 Phs. 200V 75A 50Hz/60Hz terminal connection|
|Water||Tap water (15A): 2L/min (for Wet/Ice),
Chiller water for refrigerator (20A)：30L/min(25°C or below)
Road drain(32A), Chiller water drain(20A)
|Service Condition||（1）Temp: 5 – 40℃
（2）Humidity: 35 – 80%RH
|Dimensions, Weight||Dimensions 1400（W）×1800（D）×1760（H）mm,
Weight Approx 1,400kg